Saturday, September 19, 2009

Amsterdam and Technology



Well after an amazing flight over the ocean and with the benefit of being placed in business class I have arrived in the wonderful Schiprol Airport in Amsterdam. It is taking everything in my power not to go outside and check it all out. It has been @ 19 years since I have been here.

Technology of course has changed as I quickly found an internet station where you can pay to use the wireless internet, or their pc's and printers. Touch screen kiosks to help you check your bookings, print boarding passes and even switch seats.

Amazing that most of this technology is taken for granted, I observed people speaking many languages on the plane using I pod touches, I pods, and watching their personal video screens that offered a wide variety of movies, TV shows, podcasts, and language courses along with music.

The fact that it is 3:35 in Calgary and all my family are asleep but I am wide awake and able to communicate through email, facebook and this blog is exciting. They will wake up and know I am okay as I board my next flight to continue the journey to Glasgow.

Stay tunned for the pictures, podcasts and information about Scotland. Ciao for now!
Melina

No comments:

Post a Comment