Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Monday Sept. 21st, Ontour to the Highlands/ Loch Ness!



So the computer is dead, I am using my ipod touch to find out where I need to meet my bus that I booked my online tour with from Calgary. It says it is in St.George's Square by the information center. Well I have to be there by 8:20, so Google Maps help me out which side of the square am I going to? Tada! Quick as a flick I know I have to go to the north side of the square. Now I can grab a coffee at Starbucks and get ready to go.

Timberbush tours picks us all up at 8:20. The bus has @ 22 people. No one exchanges money or tickets but our names are all on a list, I hear at least 5 other languages, internet again? I think so! Connecting us all from our respective countries to a tour company and an interest in seeing the Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness.

It is a windy and rainy day. (technology, nope, just the plain old typical weather!) The sun does break out and is wonderful at Urchardt Castle. The boat on Loch Ness is also wonderful as is the entire day as we travel up into the highlands and back down again to Glasgow. I can't help but wonder with the farming and the textiles, how much is traditional and how much is now using modern technology? Is this good or bad???

No comments:

Post a Comment