Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stirling Castle Sept. 20th Sunday afternnoon


.JPG">

I made my way to Queen Street Station, wow!
Quickly popped a credit card in the machine, picked Stirling, out came a ticket, put it in another digital scanner, the gates open, I am now on the platform, train leaves in 3 minutes, on the train I go. Arrive in Stirling 40 minutes later, pop the ticket back into another machine and the gates open and I am out on the streets of Stirling. I love it when technology works!
The streets and buildings of Stirling are simply amazing. I loved weaving my way through the center and up the very steep hill to make it to the castle. When I say steep I mean STEEP! The castle was amazing and the history behind it incredible. Many children, youngsters here today with their familie as there is a re-enactment today.

How long would it have taken them in the 17th century or earlier to make it from Glasgow to Stirling? Not 40 minutes on a high speed train like me! Nor would they have had the information I had about Stirling simply by access to google! Again our world is connected by time, space and travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment